Friday 11th May
Creative England – launch new call for applications for Film Culture Fund
The aims and objectives of the Film Culture Lottery Fund are to ensure audiences throughout the English regions have access to a wide and diverse range of film content, to deepen and enrich audiences’ experience and to integrate the unique resources of regional screen heritage into wider film provision. The Film Culture Lottery Fund will support and extend the provision and interpretation of specialised and mainstream film in England by investing in:
- audience development within the film exhibition sector – covering all aspects of film culture: cinemas, festivals and non-theatrical exhibition, and film education where this is linked to venues or festivals
- access to regional screen heritage – audience focused projects using film archive in innovative and dynamic ways.
Awards range from £2,000 – £40,000.
How to apply
Please read the guidelines below carefully before submitting your application form. These guidelines apply only to the Film Culture Lottery Fund which supports activity taking place in the English regions outside London.
For the purposes of this Fund, Film Culture is understood to include film exhibition (cinemas, festivals or non-theatrical exhibition), regional screen heritage (film archive) and film education (where this is linked to a cinema or archive).
Outlined in the guidelines are:
- a summary of the Film Culture Lottery Fund aims and objectives
- what we are looking for, who can apply, how much you can apply for
- project duration and application timelines
- the application process
- the assessment processes
- partnership funding requirements
- appeals and complaints procedure
- monitoring and evaluation requirements
How much can I apply for?
- The amount available for Film Culture in this round is £490,000
- The maximum award will be £40,000
- The minimum level of application is £2,000
- It is anticipated that the majority of awards will be in the region of between £6,000 and £10,000
- In exceptional circumstances Creative England may make awards over the £40,000 ceiling, subject to BFI approval.
PROJECT DURATION AND APPLICATION TIMELINES
Projects must be completed by the end of July 2013.
The application deadline for this round is noon on 01 June 2012.